Monday, July 21, 2008

Weekend at the cabin

We decided to take the boys to the family cabin this past Friday for an overnight trip. I can't believe we didn't do this more often the past few months. It is only an hour drive from our house & the drive is beautiful most of the way. After we arrived at the cabin the boys went straight for Tony's & Tiffany's old toys & games they used at this same cabin when they were little. I couldn't believe how excited the boys were to play with old cars & an old pair of dice.

After heating some pizzas up in the oven we relaxed on the back deck and watched the boys play for a bit. We later broke out the three wheeler & dirt bike and went for a ride around cabins nearby. It was a relaxing ride & we were even lucky enough to see deer roaming around a few of the cabins. Later that night we hiked up to the lake where Tony tried to teach the boys & I how to skip rocks. None of us caught on but it was fun anyways! While we were there we saw a mama moose just climbing out of the lake into the woods. She was HUGE! Of course, I didn't have my camera with me at the time. I was totally bummed.


After we got home from the lake we decided it was time to give the boys a bath. They were SO dirty! After we put their jammies on we settled in & watched The Sandlot on TV. When it was finally time to put the boys down they didn't argue at all which totally surprised me! Tony and I later played a few games of SkipBo. It was so nice to spend time just the two of us without any distractions such as our phones or the TV.

The next morning we rode the bikes up to the lake & fed the squirrels off of the back deck. The boys enjoyed every minute of it! I even learned how to drive the dirt bike! I was so proud of myself, even though I did drop it once trying to turn. We are going back in two weeks and I can not wait!


6 comments:

Cathy said...

Cute pictures! I am so glad you have a family cabin to spend time at. The boys will keep those memories forever, just like you and Scott did growing up at the cabin at Island Park. I miss those days!

Anonymous said...

Right on.. I remember a trip to that cabin. Was Awesome. Good times.. Oh and think I made someone do the Goonies 'Truffle Shuffle'... can't seem to remember who that was though.. hum..?

Tiffany said...

So cool you guys. That just makes me happy and homesick all at once. In reference to the toys, who are you calling old? Also, if you look at the rainbow bright coloring book next time you are there (yes, rainbow bright), many pages will have no Tony written across the bottom of them. I am starting to think Ashley is more like me than I realize.

Anonymous said...

Escape to nature......what a nice place, to get away!!

M and M said...

Look like a great place and everyone was enjoying themselves! Memories that will stay with the boys forever

jenn said...

That looks like such a fun and relaxing weekend! Beautiful pictures!