Sunday, July 20, 2008

The Police


Last night was The Police concert. Originally we purchased the tickets so that Shea and Tiffany could go, knowing full well that Tiffany was more of a fan than I am. As it turns out she couldn't make it, so I went in her place. I was actually proud of the fact that I knew Sting was previously a teacher, as he mentioned last night (thanks Tiff for the useless turned useful knowledge!). The quote went a little something like this:

"Ten years ago I was a teacher at a girl's convent. I had a pension plan and a mortgage. What the f#$% happened?!?"

I was a bit surprised by how many times I heard Sting swear, actually. Not that I had anything against it or was offended, mind you. I was just a bit surprised to hear it was all.

We were sitting in the lawn for the concert. I don't think we could have had better people in front of us. They looked between mid-forty's to early fifty's to us. I was joking with Shea that they got pregnant 20 years ago at a Police concert and were back to relive their youth. In fact they were so into being kids again that they were, in their own drunken way, talking about going to the Regeneration tour the following week with more excitement than they have probably seen in 10 years. I think it was a preview of me in about 10-15 years...how sad for me!

The only complaint I had about the entire night was the cluster that was the parking lot. Without exaggeration we sat in our parking spot for over an hour before we were able to move. Then it was a mad dash for the only open exit in the parking lot, so I am sure you can imagine the morons behind the wheels of large vehicles! Overall it was quite an experience. Sorry, Tiff, but you REALLY missed out!

This first video was about the best our little digital camera can do. I learned there is a 3 minute limitation on video on the camera last night. Not that I need it to take more than that as we do have a nice digital camcorder. They just wouldn't let us take that to the concert. I thought the intro to this was funny. He gets a little hard to hear once the audience realizes what song it is, but funny anyway.



This next video is of the drunken people in front of us. Dad, I thought you could use some new moves, so here you go!



Because we were far enough away, as you can see in the first video, I just set the camera on the ground for this. Because of that you will see pictures that we took with our camera while there instead of video while the audio plays. Because we had to use the digital zoom on the camera to get close pictures, some of these are not as clear as they could be...enjoy!



Finally, because Shea and I thought it was really pretty, I thought I would share a picture of the moon as it rose right before the concert ended. Like the concert pictures this is using the digital zoom, so it is not as clear as it could be.


6 comments:

Cathy said...

Oh Man!! That looked like it was a great time! I love this venue! It is the coolest place. It looked like it was packed. What a way to top off a weekend!

Tiffany said...

Yes, I am officially BEYOND jealous. So amazing! You are welcome, and if you ever need anymore useless information, you know where to look. I'm full of it as they say.

Anonymous said...

Looks like you two had a AWESOME time. LOL with the dance moves in the crown. Just wish Shea had taken the camera and posted a few minutes of your SIGNATURE moves Tony :)

The Weaver's said...

Ok so why the heck having you been holding out on me with your blog! I just happened to stumble upon it and thought "hey, they look familiar"! Now I get to see your cute boys! I know, I know I am a total blog stalker so please forgive me! :)

Tara

Tricia said...

I am so glad you guys had fun!! I could just sit and listen to Sting's voice for hours and be so happy. I love the sound of his voice!! I miss those concert days... I feel more like the old couple in front of you...

M and M said...

That couple in front of you were definitely getting into it! Looks like you had a great time!