Thursday, July 31, 2008

FINALLY!


Like many of you, I am really into the Twilight books. My friend Lacey and I decided to go to the midnight party tomorrow night to purchase the final book, Breaking Dawn. In order to get the book tomorrow night for the midnight release we needed to wait in line this morning for wristbands to determine our spot in line. We arrived at 4 a.m. at Barns & Noble with chairs and coffee. It was so much fun just chatting with others about the books in the series. We were thinking we were pretty dumb for waking up so early since the line was still fairly short around 7 a.m. However, the line grew rather quickly after that. We were one of the first 50 in and it only took 1 minute to get the wristband. I drove past the same bookstore 2 hours later and the line was still wrapped around the back. I am SO glad we woke up early!

****For some of you out there and you know who you are, I realize I can go to Target and buy this Saturday morning with no lines to wait in, but what is the fun in that?!

7 comments:

Natalie said...

Fun? I think you're nuts :) You could have even pre-ordered it on Amazon and have it arrive at your house on Saturday. But I suppose that's not as fun as sitting outside Barnes and Noble for hours... and hours... :)

mode36 said...

4:00 AM was my idea based on the Harry Potter lines.  Unlike Shea I was actually dumb enough to sleep on the concrete right in front of the store from around 10:00 PM the night before to get a wrist band for the final Harry Potter book.  I have to agree with Shea that it is quite a fun experience that anyone that is truly a fan of a series should experience if they can!  Besides, this way Shea can start reading the book at midnight, or shortly after, and won't have to wait and hope that the carrier that Amazon chose to use gets to the house at a reasonable time!

Tiffany said...

Yes, I really wanted to go to the midnight party, but i didn't want to drive home in the dark and risk hitting deer. Besides, I would want to come home and read and then I wouldn't get any sleep, so I am going into town Saturday morning to buy a copy. Not nearly as fun, but there it is.

A note about pre-ordering.... I checked with both amazon and barnes and noble which meant getting various managers on the phone. Arrival on release date was a special Harry Potter thing. Those who pre-ordered Breaking Dawn will have them shipped out on release date and will have them early next week. This is why I didn't pre-order. Good job Shea.

Have you been reading the quotes of the day at stephenie meyer.com?

The Weaver's said...

LOL, you crack me up! I told Tony yesterday that you and I need to get together after we finish the book to chat. I have serious issues when it comes to these dang books! I haven't read a book since like 6th grade and then out come these books and I am hooked! I need serious counseling!! Have fun tonight! I want all the details!

Amy said...

so have you finished it yet? I agree with Natalie...I have mine coming to me in the mail...no lines...no early morning...just walk to my mailbox...jeez, I'm SMART! :)

Cathy said...

I'm with you Shea...it sounds like you had a good time. I remember my friend Sandy and I camped out all night long at Dairy Queen in Idaho Falls to get good seats at the Garth Brooks concert. Half the fun was camping out and meeting other people who were there for the same thing!

carol said...

so are you done??? I can't wait to read it! I can't go get it until i can sit down and read it...like Cinderella, I have to get my chores done first. :)