Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Texas Sheet Cake

Alright..I have promised a few of you out there that I would post this for you!

Step 1:
2 cups flour
2 cups sugar
1 tsp. salt
***Sift together in small mixing bowl

Step 2:
2 cubes of butter
3 tbsp. cocoa
1 cup of water
***Melt in small saucepan, medium heat

Step 3:
2 eggs
1/2 buttermilk (can use regular milk if desired)
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. baking soda
***beat eggs & add the rest of step three in large mixing bowl. Add step 2. Stir well. Finally add flour mixture & beat together.

Grease & flour sheet cake pan. Bake at 350 for about 25 minutes.

Frosting
1 box of powder sugar (roughly 3 cups)
1 cube of butter (melted)
1 tsp. vanilla
3 tbsp. cocoa
Mix together. Once mixed, add milk. I actually do not have a measurement for this..I just pour and mix it in a little at time. It should slowly drip from a spoon.

FROST CAKE WHILE IT IS HOT!!!!

Let me know how it turns out!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks! This cake is so delicious!!!

Amy said...

my mother makes this cake and when i made it for a function of some sort...they couldn't get enough of it! ITS YUMMY!