Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Isaac


For the last day or so Isaac has been really attached to either Tony or myself. It started yesterday morning when Tony was leaving for work. Usually, he is lucky enough to get a kiss from either kid before they are off playing somewhere in the house. It was a different story this time...Tony went to tell them bye which in turn Isaac started to cry. He didn't want his dad to go to work. He wanted him to stay home and play all day. Tony tried to explain to him that he needed to leave but that he would be back in a few hours. He cried for a good 3 or 4 minutes and then grabbed on to Tony as tight as he could. It broke my heart...


Later that night I was at work (which by the way, I am done! I am officially a stay at home mom now) and Tony called me to tell me that I needed to give Isaac a big hug when I got home. I guess when it was bedtime Isaac started crying when I wasn't there..he said he lost his mommy. Poor kid..hopefully this is a short lived phase!

3 comments:

Amy said...

oh...that is so sad! don't worry it probably is just a phase..Jace sits at the window and cries whenever Ben leaves and then has his days that he does the same with me. That is sweet though!

Anonymous said...

This tugs at my heart...as we went through the same thing. They just have a strong emotional attachment to their parents, and it does pass in time........
Congrats, on being a stay at home mom!

carol said...

What a sweetie! And also how heartbreaking. It kind of makes me glad my kids are still asleep when Matt leaves. And congrats on not working...although I bet the discount at Children's Place was nice.