Saturday, March 1, 2008

Leap before you look!

I am not sure how many of you have malls to wander around in, and for those that do how many actually wander around in them. Of course here in Utah we have numerous malls, one of which Shea works in. In said mall there are many kiosks trying to sell just about everything. There is one particular kiosk that is trying to sell VERY expensive hair straighteners with a twist. They use the straighteners to create tight ringlet curls in women's hair. I guess to do this they make one twist in the bit of hair they want to curl and run it down from root to end. This seems simple enough, and one would think that they could do the same thing with their home straightener, especially if one was named Shea and had a really nice straightener at home.

With this knowledge in mind Shea runs home and spends a week perfecting the technique of curling her hair with a straightener, ignoring the curling iron sitting right next to the straightener on the counter. At the end of this week it is time for Shea to get her hair colored and trimmed. When Karen, our hair dresser, takes a look at Shea's hair she immediately reacts with "What did you do to your hair?" That phrase is seldom good coming from a hair dresser! Turns out the VERY expensive straighteners from the mall have heat settings, and curling hair with them on low is OK for hair. It also turns out that using a straightener that has off and hot, regardless of how nice a straightener it is, is not at all good for hair. Shea figures she lost a good four inches off her hair to eliminate the damage caused by the one week of curling with her straightener. Here are before and after pictures so that you can all see how much hair was lost.



6 comments:

Tiffany said...

She still looks adorable! Now, she won't have to see Karen again as soon.

carol said...

Shea? SHEA?!! I stalked you through Jenn's blog. Your boys are adorable! I love your haircut...and I know the woes of straighteners, but you are as darling as ever! It's fun to see you on here. What a cute family.

Natalie said...

I've always wanted to know how to curl my hair with a straightener, but maybe I don't want to know anymore. :)

The cut looks adorable!

I see Carol found you. She found me too! How fun :)

Sidney said...

Hey Shea! Great to hear from you! Wow you have twin boys!!! I don't know how you do it! The one I have is a handful enough, I can't imagine two of him running around. I guess that is why it is good that I have a little girl to even things out. Your new hair cut is adorable! I'm glad to see you are doing so well! I can't believe it's been 10 years since high school! Time flies! Thanks for checking my blog out! Good to hear from you.

jenn said...

I think your new haircut is so cute!! Love the pictures of you and your boys...they are so adorable!!!

Alisa said...

It was so much fun to run into you the other day. (I misplaced your blog address until today). Your boys are so cute. Hey Tony.
Alisa