Wednesday, March 19, 2008

I know..I know..


Alright, Please don't think I am a crazy person for taking pictures of my boys when they are truly upset about something, but I could not help myself today!

The boys asked if they could have a picnic outside. I decided it was warm enough, so after making their lunches all three of us headed outside. I let them eat on their little picnic table out on the grass and I sat up on our patio. They were talking away while I was looking at a magazine. Then it happened...I heard Isaac scream as loud as he could. I ran down to get him but before I could get down the stairs he was running towards me. Taylor followed him laughing the whole time. I couldn't figure out what had happened. I brought him in searching for bug bites or something that may have hurt him. He just would not calm down for anything. Since I could not get anything out of him, I asked Taylor what happened to his brother. Taylor started to laugh and said that a fly came to say hi to Isaac and it landed on his head. Isaac started crying even harder and told his brother that the fly was not saying hi, it was going to eat him. He truly believed it..I could tell from how hard he was shaking and crying. I could not help but giggle a little inside. A FLY? Seriously?

I finally got him to calm down enough to explain to him that a fly will not hurt him. That Taylor was right..the fly just wanted to say hi. Again, Isaac said flies do not talk momma, they eat people. I have no idea where this came from!

My poor child would not go back outside. I hope he will forget about this or it will be a VERY long summer! I decided to snap a few shots of him after I found out he was just upset about a fly. You can tell in the pictures how upset he was...I will never forget this story!






6 comments:

mode36 said...

That's pretty funny, actually! You are right, I hope he gets over it or this will be a VERY LONG summer!

jenn said...

Aww...poor little guy! What a funny story to remember!!

Danielle said...

That is such a funny story! haha

carol said...

I think I saw a movie once about flies that ate people...he might not be that far off. What a great story!

Tricia said...

Well, I think Taylor told Isaac that the fly was going to eat him.... aaah, the teasing of brothers! J/K! Very funny though! I think he'll get over his fear of the Great Outdoors as soon as you break the bubbles out....

Randy said...

Buck up Little Trooper, Fly's Don't Eat Much!