Thursday, December 4, 2008

The Gingerbread House

I decided to let the boys decorate a gingerbread house this year for Christmas. Why I do this to myself is beyond me. These are MUCH more difficult to frost than the picture leads on! I have done these in the past and every time I finish one I swear it will be my last...but here we are
again :)

After I put it together and outlined what SHOULD look like windows I heard the phone ring. As I ran into the other room to grab it I heard the following from the boys...

Taylor~ Lets eat all of the candy..
Isaac~ No, mom says we can't
Taylor~ Put this up your nose
Isaac~ (laughing)
Taylor~ MOM!!!

Ok..so as I am talking I run back in and notice Isaac sitting at the counter freaking out. He managed to shove a small candy up his nose!!!!!! I'm not talking barely up his nose..He shoved it all of the way up!!!!!! I hung up the phone (sorry Grandpa Doug) and started to panic as I could feel the ball of candy at the top of his nose. After a few seconds of squeezing his nose I manage to inch it down till it popped out. After I got it out all I could do was laugh!

We finally finished the house an hour or so later...



And because I couldn't resist his face..here is a picture of Isaac holding the piece of candy that came out of his nose....


10 comments:

Shorty said...

OMG that is so funny - aah poor isaac - dont worry shea from what i hear it happens more then once.. haha.. that is classic..

Tiffany said...

He didn't eat it after it came out of his nose did he?

Terry and Laurie said...

That was hilarious!! I needed a good laugh! :o)))
Good job on the gingerbread house!
Love You Guys!

M and M said...

I had the same thought Tiffany did. He didn't eat it did he? Ewwwwww!

Chan said...

We do one every year and every year I wonder "why did we do this to ourselves again???" They are a huge mess and not as much fun as one might think. Even the kids just end up getting frustrated. It's a good thing Christmas is only 1 day a year.

~Ali~ said...

Okay, you got me laughing really hard on that one!! lol The house looked great despite all the problems that happened during the making!! Your boys are a hoot! I can not WAIT to take your pics tomorrow!!! I just have this feeling that they are going to be such little hams!!! YAY!! I love photoing the hams!!! Anyway, that made for a GREAT post!!! Still laughing!! lol Good one!

Shannon, Ray and Hayden said...

OMG! ROTF! I agree with Tiff! EEWWWW! Hopefully that candy managed to stay seperate from all the others!

Ry and Xaine said...

OMG too funny.. Tell me you didn't let him eat the candy after? Or did you greet your honey Tony and give him a sweet treat :) Love and Miss you all..

Amy said...

Thats Hillarious! Sorry, but it is. Be thankful you didn't have to go to the dr. Tina stuck something up her nose, and mom had to go to the dr. to have it removed. The good news...he probably won't try that again and neither will Taylor :)

Anonymous said...

Look what I found, I miss you guys!!!!

Jennie