Friday, May 23, 2008

Trip to Boise

After being in Boise for the last 5 days, it is way nice to be home and back in the swing of things. We had SO much fun visiting with my family up there. The main reason for the visit was my mom turned 50 this past Tuesday. She had a hard time with it for a bit, but I think she is OK now. I had to laugh..she woke up Tuesday morning and after she visited her MySpace page, our conversation went like this.

Mom "My page says I'm 50" (she started to cry)
Me "Oprah says that 50 is the new 30" (no reaction from her)
Me "It will be OK" (still nothing..obviously I was not sure how to comfort her)
Isaac " Grandma?"
Mom " Yes sweetie?"
Isaac " Your REALLY old!" (She busted up laughing)

I wish I would have had a camera there to capture the moment! We kept busy all weekend while we were there. We went to Chuck E. Cheese's, the Zoo, golfing and played around in her back yard. Here are a few pictures from the weekend. There are a lot of pictures, so I totally understand if you get bored and decide to close your browser!


The boys squirting the fish in the pond

Chuck E. Cheese's


This picture is for you Mike..I think it looks like something you created in one of your video's. SCARY!!


My brother, Scott


Waiting for Pizza


The three of us went golfing. Note how close the houses are to the course. Luckily, I didn't hit any houses!


This is the same tiger. The first picture was taken when the boys were less than 2 months old. I can't believe how much they have grown! (I am taking a shot in the dark that the first picture is of Taylor, but to be honest I have no idea which boy it is.)


My mom and aunt Lynn at the BBQ. And yes, my mom is wearing a crown that says Princess.

5 comments:

Tiffany said...

Looks like a lot of fun. Your mom can't be old if she can still wear a crown that says princess. How awesome is that?

Natalie said...

My mom turns 50 next year. I think that's probably a traumatic birthday :) (30 doesn't even seem that bad to me.)My mom says her only consolation is that she has a grandbaby :)

M and M said...

Happy birthday Cathy! Shea, thanks for the photo. It will definitely be used sometime, somewhere

Tiffany said...

Do not blow that picture up. It can scare small children

Erica said...

I wouldn't have guessed your mom just turned 50. We have mothers with good genes apparently, lets keep our fingers crossed we inherited this one! :)