Thursday, May 8, 2008

Odds & Ends

So things have been pretty crazy here this last week. Rather than wondering which activity to blog about, I will give highlights on our week so far.

First on my list was to pull the weeds from our yard. We seem to be having a HUGE dandelion problem this year. After 2-3 bottles of weed-b-gone and 3 hours of literally pulling them out of the ground, our yard finally looks almost normal. I couldn't believe the weed pile so I decided to take a picture to share.



I met up with my good friend Trish and her kids at the local park on Tuesday. It was a lot of fun and I even ran into an old friend of mine, Alisa Grover. We had great weather and the boys came home and slept for almost three hours! It was wonderful!


(This was the best picture of these two that I could get. This is Isaac and Kian)

We registered the boys for preschool on Wednesday. I am excited for them, but sad at the same time. I hope they do OK. They said it would be best to separate them into different classes. They are SO attached to each other, so it should be interesting when they start.

I have been cleaning the house for the past few days and I now feel like I need to post a picture of our room. This is just to redeem myself from a blog I posted a few weeks back. I finally got all of the laundry folded!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



And finally, Tony gave me an early Mother's Day present!! I got to pick out a few planters. I was so excited as I haven't done much in the flower department for the last few years. I think they are so beautiful so I just had to share.




4 comments:

Cathy said...

The flowers are really pretty! Nice choice. I like the plaque that you made forever ago, it looks good where you hung it! The boys look happy as usual..always smiling..:) see you soon! p.s...your room looks great! I didnt know you had carpet in there?? hahaha...just kidding!

jenn said...

Your flowers are beautiful! It looks like you have been busy busy. Hard to believe your boys are almost old enough for preschool. I'm sure they will love it!

Doug said...

I love the flowers, weeds suck!!! ( we have a few also) and is that the floor in your bedroom? I think we have one too! Maybe we should take your lead. Can't wait to see the boys.

Danielle said...

Good Job on folding your clothes! Your flowers are beautiful! Clint will not be home in time for mothers day, I am kinda bummed about it. We should get together and have a play date sometime,