Sunday, October 5, 2008

And so it begins...

This weekend was the first weekend trip of 4 that we have planned for the month of October. This first weekend was spent with Grandma Barbara in Idaho Falls. We had so much fun visiting her, Aunt Laura, Great Grandma Calkins, Great Grandma Lewis & Amy.

The boys had SO much fun being spoiled by all three grandmas with hugs, kisses, toys & candy! They seriously have it made..I was thinking about this on the way home. They will see all of their grandmas & grandpas this month at one point. With our parents being divorced & remarried they have 4 grandmas & 3 grandpas. Unfortunately they will not make it to see all of their great grandparents, but at least they were able to see the 2 that live in Idaho Falls. :)

We enjoyed the Wii, eating out, watching movies, playing dress up, playing with Aunt Laura's new puppy & letting balloons go for the boys' Grandpa Mike. We had a wonderful time & it was a great way to start off our month of traveling. Next on the list..Gardner Villiage with Grandma Linda. Until then, here are some pictures from this past weekend..Enjoy!


This is Great Grandma Lewis...she is amazing! Also..how many women in their 70's can pull off a ROXY sweatshirt? I can't even do that and I am in my 20's!


This is Great Grandma Calkins. We surprised her..she was so excited! The boys wanted to wear dress up clothes to show all of the people in the assisted living home how cool they were. Oh, and yes..my eyes are all but shut. Oh well :)


This is Grandma Barbara..she really made it a special and fun weekend for all of us! Thanks again!


The boys playing dressup..


Letting balloons go for Grandpa Mikes birthday...


I looked back on the way home & Taylor was crying..when I asked him what was wrong all he could get out was he wanted to go back to Grandma Barbara's...

****I didn't have my camera while visiting my friend Amy..maybe next time. Thanks for having us over everyone. We love you all!

7 comments:

Natalie said...

Wow, you guys have a packed month! And how cute is your grandma?? You can totally pull off a Roxy sweatshirt... what are you talking about? :)

SetSunsGal said...

I had a blast with all of you too. It was so much fun having you all here. The boys just crack me up. You should have brought them back, I would have kept them for you, so sad to know he was crying to come back. Tell them the other ballons are gone now. Not sure if he took them down, or if the wind caught them just right, but they are gone now. I so glad we did that, they had so much fun doing that for their Grandpa Mike. Love to all of you. Thank you for making our week-end so fun too. The puppy misses the boys.

~Ali~ said...

YAY!! I'm so glad that you still have a blog! I don't take classes for photography, but I am working to try to do it more for families and stuff. I love it! If you don't mind I am going to add you to my page. Your blog is darling by the way!! Love it! I miss ya too! We should get together for lunch one of these days again. I will talk to you later!

Amy said...

I am a little sad that there are no pictures of me, but that is ok! I'm so glad we were able to get together for an hour:) it was great seeing you and you all look fantabulous!

~Ali~ said...

Okay I was looking at that Pfarm photography...do you know this person?? They are AMAZIMG!!! And Are they local? I'm looking to have someone do my family pics. Anyway, that is an amazing photography site!!! WOW!

Shea said...

Ali~
I do know them, actually! It is my cousins wife. She is AMAZING! The bummer part is she is not local. They live in Arizona. They do travel through here from time to time, but I have not seen them for years. If you are interested, I can see what I can do the next time they come through for you 8) Just let me know!

Chester Copperpot said...

Great picture of grandma.

The Great Pfunder