Sunday, May 31, 2009

Camping with Cheetos

We took the boys for their first "official" camping trip this past weekend. We stayed local just in case things went badly and the boys hated it. It turns out that they LOVE camping and we had a wonderful time.

Now for the title...as we were walking through the campground the boys would randomly tell other campers that we were camping too. The boys would then go on to tell them that not only were we camping, but that we were camping with Cheetos. Like we were the only family ever to bring Cheetos camping! I decided I love people who camp. Most of them are so laid back and willing to strike up a conversation with anyone..even if it is two 4 year old boys. It was great.

We roasted some hot dogs, marshmallows and told ghost stories in the tent. It was perfect. I did discover something about myself on this little adventure. I am not a story teller at all. My mind just goes blank. Oh well..


It looks like Taylor is totally relaxed..



Isaac didn't want me to take his picture..I just love his face.



Again..Isaac would rather be playing...


I can honestly say it took me a good 5 minutes to figure out which kid this was. They both had the same shirt and pants on. Isaac and his "crystal" collection.



This was probably my favorite moment camping..



Taylor and me..

***Grandpa Dude..we did not find a lizard. PLEASE do not bring us a snake! =)

Also..I am SO behind on blogs that I do not think I will bother catching everyone up. Hopefully I will be better during the summer.

7 comments:

~Ali~ said...

That looks like sooo much fun!!! I'm glad that they boys had a great time! And just so you know...I am not good at telling stories either! lol Great pictures!!! Can't wait to see what you guys are up to this summer!

Cathy said...

Great pictures! A snake?? OH yeah baby! Thats a grand idea!!! hahaha..see you guys soon! Love you! pr

M and M said...

Love the pictures! Sounds like everyone had a great time. Too late on the snake, I aleady found one that is about 4 1/2 feet long. Have it in a box, ready to bring. Should I gift wrap it ;-)

Amy said...

I'm glad they had a great time. Tip for you....boys LOVE camping...dirt, no bath, and cheetos...what more do they need. Miss ya!

Shannon, Ray and Hayden said...

Camping with Cheetos - that's great! I LOVE the pictures! Looks like everyone had a great time!

Shorty said...

aah looks like you had fun..!

Chan said...

They look like they had a blast. Those are always the best memories, simple yet packed with fun!