Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Disneyland Day 1

Ok..I have put this off long enough.

The boys LOVED Disneyland. I really don't think they had any clue as to what Disneyland really was. Their faces were priceless when we walked in. I wish I would have snapped a picture. The boys shoes worked out great (we had to buy heely's just to get them to the 40" height requirement for some of the bigger rides).

When asked what they thought of the rides, this was their response..

Did not like
-Haunted Mansion
-The Matterhorn
-Pirates (Isaac tolerated it, Taylor was scared to death)

Rides they Loved
- Buzz Lightyear
-The Jungle Cruise
- The Tea Cups
- The red roller coaster in Toon Town
- Finding Nemo
- Autopia
- Soarin' Over California
-Star Tours
- It's a Small World

We did ride more rides but they were not as spectacular in their eyes so there you have it. Here are pictures from the first day.



Walking from the hotel..I think Isaac was a little excited.



We were not even officially in the park yet



I was excited that someone offered to take our picture



Waiting in line for the red roller coaster in Toon Town



More waiting in line..



Proof that I went on the Tea Cups (I actually liked them this time)



Isaac dancing with the girl in the red dress during the parade



Waiting for the firework display..I think Isaac's face says it all..

10 comments:

Tiffany said...

Our kids weren't sure about Pirates of the Carribean either, but they loved the Haunted Mansion. We went in October though so it was all done up in Nightmare before Christmas. My kids are also weird that way. I am so glad they had so much fun.

Did they like the Tiki Room?

~Ali~ said...

I bet they just loved it!! Looks like so much fun...I'm jealous!! lol

Cathy said...

Those are great pictures so far! MORE please? :) Looks like a great time was had by all of you. I love the jungle boat ride too boys!

Shorty said...

IT looks LIKE YOU guys had so much fun! Cant wait to hear the stories and the pictures are so dang cute... OOH VADER! im so jealous.. i want a kitty :( hehe

Shea said...

Tiff..we never went into the Tiki Room! I'm so mad..I didn't know what it was so we just kept passing it. It seems very popular, though as we have been asked that several times. Next time for sure!!!

Oh..and some people have asked me if Taylor was crying in the picture of the boys standing together (where Isaac looks like a monkey). The answer is no, he just had sunscreen in his eye and he wouldn't stop rubbing it.

Shea said...

Oops..correction. It is the picture of the boys walking with me where he looks like he is crying.

M and M said...

What didn't likem the Haunted Mansion or The Matterhorn, come on boys I am disapointed ;-) Looks like everyone had a blast!

Ry and Xaine said...

Looks like the Haywards had a blast at Magic Kingdom. Great idea with the Heely's to get the boys to the required height.. but what I'm wondering is did you and tony end up getting Heely's too so that you could ride with the boys? LOL..

Amy said...

sad, I love PIRATES!!! You still look fantastic by the way. I'm glad you were all able to have a great time! I'm sorry that you missed the Tiki Room, the boys probably would have had fun. I guess you now have an excuse to go again!

Anonymous said...

YOu can tell your boys just loved every minute of your trip. I can't wait to go :)